Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pumpkin Roll

     I had never tried a pumpkin roll before a few months ago when I had a lady request  me to make her one. So my research began.  A pumpkin roll is basically a very thin pumpkin cake with basically a cream cheese filling. Sounds simple, right? In it's own way it is, but its also tricky. I normally end up covered in powdered sugar and so does half my kitchen. But boy oh boy is it worth it. My first bite was pure bliss. I instantly became addicted. The middle was sweet and creamy and the cake was just the right amount of pumpkin and spices (well after a bit of tweaking, that is). I made and sold around 6 of them in a two week period. I have also made them for family holidays. Of course I plan to make other flavored rolls in the future, but I am not sure if any of them will ever compare to the infamous pumpkin roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment